Vegan MoFo: Tempeh Scramble w/ Oven-Roasted Tomatoes & Nooch Sauce



Is there anything better than a jam-packed scramble on a sunny  morning? I don't think so. With tofu being out of the picture, per the rules of my Whole Life Challenge, I tried my hand at making a tempeh scramble so that my breakfasts throughout the week can be protein- and veggie-packed.




Serious YUM. I made a shitload of this stuff - about 7 servings. The nooch sauce really brought it all together and made for a savory and toothsome meal. The addition of black salt made it taste slightly eggy and quite perfect. Here's the recipe:


Tempeh Scramble with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes and Savory Nooch Sauce

3 blocks tempeh, crumbled
5 tbs peanut oil
1 container grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
2 bell peppers, diced
1 large onion, diced
2-3 large leaves of kale, torn into chunks


Nooch Sauce:
1.5 cups  water
1 cup nutritional yeast (nooch!)
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp black salt (very important!)
generous sprinkle of cracked black pepper




What's your favorite savory breakfast dish?

Labels: , ,